Member Types - What are they and How do I use them
Member Types - What are they and How do I use them?
- Filter reports
- Send targeted emails
- Limit the visibility of options on the registration form
Custom member types
There are 2 standard member types, Attendee and Instructor. You can create up to 28 additional custom member types.
Do NOT remove the default Attendee member type. A number of basic functions are triggered by the Attendee member type and it will create unexpected results if you remove it.
To create a custom member type:
- Settings (left-hand navigation menu) → Member Types
- Add Member Type
- Enter the information for the new member type
- Save Member Type.
How to assign member types
Member types can be assigned to a participant's profile individually or in bulk. To add a member type to a single participant, locate the participant's profile by:
- People > Search > click on the participant's name to open their profile or
- From an event, locate the participant's registration, click on the participant's name to open their registration, and click on their name one more time to open their profile.
- Membership Details > Edit membership details
- Select the Type (do not unselect Attendee)
To assign member types in bulk,
- People > scroll to locate the participant> check the box in front of the participant's name
- Repeat for each participant
- Choose action
- Add member type
- to select the member type to be assigned
Member Types can also be added from within an event. Go to Registrations > Attendee > follow the steps above to assign member type to an individual or in bulk.